Hi. Welcome to Books for Thought. Whether you're looking for a good book to read or if you just like book reviews, I'm sure you'll find this blog helpful. I'll review books in a variety of genres, so you can find something that interests you. Enjoy!

March 13, 2010


Looking for Jamie Bridger


By Nancy Springer


Jamie Bridger is fourteen and she doesn't know who her parents are. She lives with her strict, grouchy grandfather and her weak, submissive grandmother, and neither will tell her anything about her birth.

When her grandfather dies suddenly and her grandmother becomes dependent on her for everything, Jamie decides its time to find out about her parents. She sets out for the neighborhood where she used to live, to see what she can find there. She doesn't find her parents there, but she does meet a slightly crazy, turtle-loving woman named Shirley and a female lawyer who used to know a man who may be Jamie's father. With the help of these two women and her best friend Kate, Jamie continues her investigations, which culminate in a dangerous trip to New York and a most shocking discovery.
I know it's a cliche to say that this book will hook you on the first page and hold you there to the last. The plot is suspenseful and moves quickly, with many unexpected twists and turns on the road to conclusion. I thought it was interesting and helpful how the the author switches back and forth between view points throughout the story.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment